In 1953 when Joe Liebman opened his deli on Johnson Avenue there were more than 100 Jewish Delis in the Bronx. Undaunted by the competition Joe believed that if he consistently served his customers truly outstanding quality food with really great friendly service he could succeed.
He was right!
That is precisely why out of the more than 100 Jewish Delis that existed in the Bronx in 1953, Liebman’s is the last one standing.
When Joseph Dekel acquired Liebman’s in 1980 he renovated the restaurant but not the recipes. In fact he had the foresight to have the “old timers” in the kitchen train a young man to prepare and cook Liebman’s offerings just as they had since the store had opened. That young man, now 50, Marcello our Head Chef – has in turn continued to train newer members of our kitchen staff just as he was.
Today Liebman’s Deli, with Joseph Dekel’s son Yuval at the helm continues a long tradition of providing our customers with the highest quality food while treating them like family.
But don’t take our word. Log onto Yelp.com and see what our valued customers think about us.